When I was pregnant with Shannon & went to my 20 week appointment, the OB asked me if I'd felt the baby move yet. I sadly had to say "no". It was about 2 days later that I could say with confidence that I had felt her move. I could never really be sure unless I could feel the "kick" externally with my own hand.
Fast forward to today. I'm 18 weeks & 1 day. I was at my Monday morning play group & one of the girls asked me if I'd felt the baby move yet. She too is pregnant (30 weeks tomorrow) & said she'd felt her 2nd baby move at 18w3d. I swear as she was asking me this I started to feel something. Not sure if was the baby or my large intestine digesting the cinnamon raisen bagel I'd downed before arriving at the playgroup, I put my hand on my lower abdomen. Sure enough, one of the thuds I'd felt could be felt on the outside too. I hardly ever sit down, so I guess I may have felt him/her sooner, but I just happened to be sitting down during the playgroup. So, at 18 weeks & 1 day I have felt Baby Malchow #2 move! Pretty exciting!!
Our anatomy scan is set too...December 8th. But don't look for an immediate post on the sex of the baby, as we may withhold this information until December 25th as a small token present on Christmas for our parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment