Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm done!

I finished the stenciling today, thanks in part (unfortunately) to Tom being on call.  With him gone a bulk of today, I was able to get the rest of the stenciling done between Shannon's nap time & after the Super Bowl.  The edges, top, and around the window was a pain...and was in part hand-done because the stencil just couldn't get right up to where I needed it to go.
it was around & under this window that was so time consuming

I used a stencil brush when I could to get into the corners & against the adjacent wall

I taped off the adjacent walls when I was able to use the stencil...I still have to go do some "cover up" work with the gray base color to hide my mistakes.


And after 2.5 weeks since my project started, I'm done!  Now we just need to order in the nursery furniture, get the roman shades made, and have a kid!  If it looks like I skimped on the top...well, I got lucky there, we're having crown moldings put in, so I'm off the hook for having to do the very top as the moldings will butt up against the stenciling!
DONE!

2 comments: