Saturday, August 27, 2011

Welch's 8.27.11

Today is my Dad's 70th birthday.   In order to keep our cover, we emptied a bottle of red wine & replaced it with grape juice (oh yes, we did).  I drank that at dinner...knowing that if I'd declined to drink that Kerry would be onto the news....no offense to my Dad, but I doubted he'd pick up on me not drinking. 

Of course I wanted to drink real wine....Welch's grape juice is well, not the really the "grape" juice I was yearning for.  I'll take a little fermentation any day!

I think we may have to pull off this bamboozle more than once to keep friends & family in the dark over the course of the next months.  After all, tomorrow marks the start of Week #5...hardly into this pregnancy at all!  A lot can happen in the next 8 weeks until we hit that 2nd trimester mark.  I'm scheming having conversations with servers at restaurants here & there while the in-laws are visiting, having them substitute club soda with lime for a vodka tonic to keep the cover...or seriously dragging in Welch's bottles & having the server go with my cover-up.  This seems like a lot of work, but we just don't want to have everyone bask in the good news only to have the carpet pulled out from underneath. 

So far, so good.  Round 1: Dad & Kerry....I believe we fooled you.

No comments:

Post a Comment