Our first visit to the OB was today. We've selected a new OB for this pregnancy due to our move. Tom was never really crazy about our OB before, so it wasn't hard to tear ourselves away. We did enjoy our experience at Evergreen however, and that was hard to decide to move away from. But with the new Swedish Issaquah campus opening a simple 5 minute drive from our house, it was a no-brainer to move to the brand new hospital that has state-of-the-art equipment at it. I picked a small group that has just 3 OB/GYN's at it. And the one doctor that I had decided on, after the "OB Speed Dating" session that I had attneded & had the opportunity to meet all three of them. I liked all three & decided on Dr. Jaucian, but she's still finishing up with her patients at Swedish's main campus in Seattle & is only in the Issaquah office once per week. So, I ended up seeing one of her partners, Dr. Scheve. She's very nice & certainly MUCH more personable than my old OB/GYN.
The appointment itself was rather uneventful. We did not get an ultrasound done, because at the time of the appointment I was just 5 weeks 5 days pregnant. We've schedule another appointment where an ultrasound will be done, but I'll be almost 10 weeks at that appointment...it seems like a long time to wait to have some type of definitive about this pregnancy. Tom & I both agreed, it doesn't seem real yet - still. Without getting to "see" the baby via ultrasound, the idea of being pregnant is still a concept rather than a reality.
I'm just starting to get a bit of morning sickness too. It isn't bad, not really nauseated at all...my stomach just feels "off". It seems to be the worst in the morning & then again at night before bed. I know symptoms don't usually get a foothold until the start of week #6, so I'm really hoping this slight bit of 'feeling off' isn't foreshadowing to a bad 1st Trimester of sickness!
No comments:
Post a Comment