We've once again hired Annie McLaulin to be our birthing doula...this time with the hope that we can have a natural labor (and by that I do not mean sans modern medicine). Last time Annie was FABULOUS (and I mean fabulous), even though we ended up with a c-section. My hope is that she will curb the favor in our court a bit more as far as getting out of a 2nd c-section. When I was in labor with Shannon, she was able to do massage techniques that instantly gave me reprieve from the pain of Pitocin contractions. I'm really hopeful that she'll be able to help me at home for a few hours before we go to the hospital & increase my chances of a successful VBAC.
And if anyone in the Seattle area needs a doula (birthing or postpartum), I can't recommend her enough. Email me to contact Annie if you think you might want her services!
No comments:
Post a Comment