Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Project Nursery



I've officially started to decorate the nursery.  Today marked my first day of painting the stencil onto the wall.  I opted to paint the trim color onto the wall, rather than the teal color I'd originally planned, though I do think I'll stick with the teal as an accent color, its more likely to be seen in the windows, crib skirt, and a throw pillow for the rocking chair.  I just didn't think I was going to like the teal on the gray or gray on the teal...so I opted for the more muted color scheme overall (cream & gray) which incidentally will go very well with the furniture we selected.  So here's a sneak peak at my work thus far...today is just day 1, and it will probably take me a week to do this (since I have to do it while Shannon naps!):
The wall as it was...and my first start at this
I had to use a level each time to keep the pattern from wandering 
What it looks like painted on
I have some work to do...the outlet posed an issue




I'll post an update after tomorrow's painting session...now that I have the technique down, I'm guessing I can get most of the wall done (with the exception of along the base boards, which will take a while I suspect.  I don't have to do the top (you'll notice I started just below the ceiling level) as we're having crown moldings installed at the end of the month...so I have to finish this before the crown goes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment