Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What to do...what to do...

I can't figure out the nursery colors, etc.  Tom really wants to stay away from anything resembling Shannon's decor, so I'm left to avoid pink basically.  Shannon's room is actually a light pink, so that gives me the opportunity to use a fushia, but I'd have to use that in moderation...I can't handle too much pink!  The color I really want to use is Tiffany blue.  Well, close to that anyway...but I can't find ANYTHING to go with the wall color I picked out.  I'd need the blue somewhere other than just on the wall to make it work.

I found some possibilities on Etsy as far as people that can make a crib skirt and/or roman shades, so I suppose there are possibilities.  But I need to get on that ASAP as this baby is due in 3 months!!  I did just finish decorating the girls' bathroom...fortunately the stuff we had from our last house will work again since its another girl!  I did add an "S" in the bathroom for Shannon & will add whatever letter (when we figure out what to name this baby) over her towel ring as well.  I was pretty happy with what I decided to do for Shannon's "S".  I used an actual map from our trip to Ireland.  I cut it out & glued it to the "S".  I made sure the River Shannon & the city of Shannon are on the "S" - which is of course how her name came to be.  Too bad the names we are debating between for Baby don't have any geographic significance...I'm not really sure what to do with her letter for the bathroom!

Uh...I think I need to straighten this!


The River Shannon & the city of Shannon, Ireland

1 comment:

  1. What about purple/lavendar instead of pink? Or do you not like any shades of purple?

    Just a thought . . . Meladie

    ReplyDelete