Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Saying goodbye to the 2nd Trimester

Last week I had the gestational diabetes test done.  This entails drinking 50g of glucose, which not only tastes unpleasant, but last time left me nauseated, sweating, and faint.  This time...nothing.  I was sure that meant I was going to be told I had GD, but nope!  In fact, my blood sugar was a bit on the "low side".   Hmmm...I guess that's okay, my doctor didn't seem worried about it even though she'd mentioned the low level. 

So now we are in the LAST WEEK of the 2nd trimester here!  On Sunday I will be 26 weeks & officially enter the last trimester of what has been a very fast pregnancy.  I'm sure these last weeks will feel like an eternity...but so far I'm so busy with the move and Shannon that I've not had time to dwell on this pregnancy too much. 

In my last appointment with my OB, she surprised me.  I'm debating on the VBAC versus the repeat c-section & Tom & I were sure she'd say it was medically safer to have the repeat c/s.  No, instead she's telling me the combined risk (for myself & baby) it is actually medically safer to try for the VBAC, so I think that's what I'll do.  This has to be within reason of course, I can't be induced...so if Baby is late, I will have to reschedule a c/s.  I've also convinced myself (via my last OB & this one) that my pelvis just isn't very big & if we let Baby get bigger than 40 weeks allows, she's not going to fit (which is essentially what happened with Shannon).  So,  while I don't want to go into labor early, week 39 would be great!  I've contacted our doula (same one) about helping out in case we do get the VBAC & with a few weeks of night help after the baby comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment