As explained in my post from Tuesday of this week, I was measuring a week behind where I was supposed to be. My OB subsequently ordered an ultrasound just to check things out. We had that done today. According to the ultrasound, everything looks perfect. In fact "2.0" is in the 58th percentile for her weight (which they calculated (+/-20%) to be 5lbs 11oz). I'm measuring 34 weeks 4 days (which I am exactly today). The other "good" news is that 2.0 is head down, that my cervix is 3.4cm long (normal) & closed.
They did indeed confirm that 2.0 is a girl too (I made them check). My biggest fear was having a the doctor blurt out "surprise its a boy" with a girly decorated nursery...and not having a name for him. But, it is indeed a girl (whew! crisis averted). Here's a few of the ultrasound photos of her. I know the 3D one may make you take a bit to "see" what you're supposed to, but her arm is across her face, but you can see her eyes, nose, mouth & part of her chin. Her 3D picture makes her look a lot like Shannon actually. The pictures aren't as clear as when we had the 3D photos of Shannon because this baby is bigger - and things are getting tight in there! It makes it harder for the tech to get a good photo - that & the fact that 2.0 kept moving during the ultrasound (I would too if someone kept jabbing a probe into my studio apartment).
 |
| Arm across her jaw and left side of face |
 |
| Profile View - can you see the chin, nose at the top of the picture? |
My beautiful granddaughter # 2! I love her already!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom