So, this blog is leading away from just being about "2.0". I can't help it. I just did a fun (and darling) project in her room. With the extra fabric left over from slip cover on the chair I did 2 projects. First was a
book sling (an idea I got from Pinterest). It was so easy & Shannon loves to grab her books from it at bedtime to read. I'll post pictures tomorrow on that.
Second, I bought a $5 lamp off of Craigslist today (SCORE!) and recovered the shade with some more of the left over fabric. I watched
this YouTube video for instruction on how to recover the shade. It was easy & took me about 30 minutes to do! The only stinker on this project was my not-quite-perfectly-round shade & my choice of striped fabric...my stripes aren't totally straight, but the ribbon then kind of hides this.
 |
| here's the original shade |
 |
| Pinned the traced paper to the fabric |
 |
| used spray adhesive to put the fabric on |
 |
| Added a satin ribbon |
 |
| Viola! Shannon's reading nook! |
That is incredibly smart looking--I love it!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom